1. Your privacy
The Australian Literacy & Numeracy Foundation (ALNF) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This policy applies to users of our websites, ALNF donors and ALNF volunteers.
The purpose of this policy is to tell you:
- what kinds of information we may collect and hold;
- how we may use that information;
- why we collect, hold and use that information;
- whether we disclose that information to anyone; and
- how you can access or correct that information
2. Personal information
Personal information is any information or opinion (recorded in any form), whether true or not, about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
3. Information we collect and hold
We may collect and hold personal information obtained directly from you typically via a paper or electronic form. This information may include:
- personal details including names, date of birth, employment status, experience and qualifications, telephone numbers, fax numbers, addresses and email addresses;
- organisation or school details including organisation or school name, ABN/ACN, organisation or school address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses; and
- financial details including banking details, credit card details and other EFT details.
When you browse our website, our internet service provider logs your server (IP) address, country of origin, date and time of your visit, and pages viewed. This information is only collected to enhance the website service and experience for visitors.
The ALNF website contains links to other sites. ALNF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements in these linked sites, as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
4. Storage and security of your information
ALNF will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information it holds (whether in paper or electronic form) from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, interference, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Your personal information is stored externally in a secure database that is password protected and only accessible by authorised persons. Paper documents are securely held in the ALNF offices which are only accessible to authorised persons.
We will take reasonable steps to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if it is no longer required or you request that we do so.
5. Use of information
We collect, hold and use personal information for the purpose of:
- processing your donation(s);
- communicating with you in regard to your questions, concerns or complaints;
- placing volunteers in events/programs;
- communicating with you in regard to your volunteer services and fundraising events; and
- keeping you up to date with ALNF news and events.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using that information for the above relevant purposes.
If you choose to not provide us with your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy, we may not be able to process your donation, provide you with your requested information or place you as a volunteer.
6. Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and related purposes, including disclosure to:
- our financial partners to process any donations you make to us;
- external service providers such as mailing houses to distribute information to you; and
- protective services or law enforcement agencies for security purposes.
We will otherwise not disclose your personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, in accordance with any agreement you enter into with us, or made with your consent.
We do not disclose your information to overseas recipients.
7. Quality of information
ALNF will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You are entitled to request the details of the personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can request access or correction by contacting us in writing via one of the methods in paragraph 11 below. Unless prohibited by law, we will respond to you within a reasonable time or take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
9. Questions and complaints
Please contact us in writing via one of the methods in paragraph 11 below if you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we handle your personal information. We will investigate your queries or complaints and respond within a reasonable time depending on the complexity of the query or complaint.
If you feel that we have not satisfactorily addressed your complaint, you may also make a complaint to the to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au or by writing to GPA Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra 2601.
We reserve the right to review and amend this policy from time to time and will notify you of any amendments by posting an updated version of the policy on this page.
11. Contacting us
You can contact us by: